Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/2012 Skulls!!


OK, so I had a hard time deciding what variation of skulls that I seen on the internet for MY personal challenge.  I know what a skull looks like in real life...but translating that to nail art without using decals can be a bit of a challenge.

Well...I decide to use one of the other skull variants out there as my "accent" nail.  SO here we go...


Geesh...what did I not do to this mani.  Hm....I started with a base coat of OPI DS Fantasy, overpainted that with SC Snow Me White, came back with a black SC nail art brush to draw in the nose and teeth details, then a coating of NYC matte topcoat.  I then used dots of OPI red shatter for the 4 skulls eyes and glow in the dark paint on all if the eyes.  They did glow, but too faint for me to take a photo of.  Grrr.  That is the downside to GitD nail polish. :sigh:

Come back tomorrow for my next one!

Others that are creating with me!
Peace Love Lacquer 
XO, Noelle
College Polished 
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish 
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
Charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis 
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched
Jilltastic Nail Designs 

4 comments:

  1. The accent nail is awesome! It looks kind of like a Spawn skull. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably one of the best skull mani's I've seen this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete